Rick Jeffcoat’s American Kenpo Karate
Self Defense Technique Tip
BLINDING SACRIFICE (Front two-hand choke or grab attempt)
- With feet together and the opponent attempting to choke or grab you from the front (12 o’clock) step forward with your right foot to 12 o’clock into a right neutral bow as both of your arms thrust forward and to inside of the opponent’s arms, first to attempt twin pokes to the opponent’s eyes and continuing as two outward open hand chops to inside of the opponent’s forearms (your right hand) to your opponent’s left forearm and your left hand to your opponent’s right forearm acting as a clearing motion) and without loss of motion, circle down to the opponent’s groin, grabbing the groin with both of your hands (at this point have your body up close to your opponent’s body).
- From the groin pull, execute two outward circular inward hooking back knuckle rakes to both kidneys of the opponent (your right back knuckle striking to the opponent’s left kidney and your left back knuckle striking to opponent’s right kidney). This move is executed and timed as you shuffle back (push drag) into a right 45 degree cat stance while having both of your arms travel horizontally and into two vertical outward blocks (left outward and right outward) as a checking measure in case opponent’s arms come back towards you.
- Immediately shuffle in as the fingers of both of your hands flick,or poke, to the opponent’s eyes followed by twin thumb scoops to opponent’s eyes.
- From eyes, have both of your hands slap down on the opponent’s shoulders and travel down arms of the opponent, catching and grabbing opponent’s arms at the wrists to pull opponent down.
- Immediately re-circle the arms up, over, and in so that you strike your opponent’s temples (or mastoid) with both of your inverted back knuckles (with your right back knuckle striking to the opponent’s left temple or mastoid and your left back knuckle striking to the opponent’s right temple or mastoid).
- With both of your elbows raised, drop them down and in toward each other thus striking and sandwiching opponent’s jaws (with your right inside elbow striking to the opponent’s left jaw and your left inside elbow striking to the opponent’s right jaw).
- Grab back of then opponent’s head with both of your hands and push down as your right knee kicks up and smashes opponent’s face.
- From your right knee kick execute a right knife-edge kick to the opponent’s right knee and/or have your right foot stomp to opponent’s right instep.
- Right front crossover and cover out twice toward 6 o’clock.
These complete Self-Defense Technique Videos explain and demonstrate individual techniques at each belt level. The techniques are explained using the concepts and principles of American Kenpo Karate and are also shown at speed to demonstrate the strength and the timing with which each technique should be practiced. These videos have something to offer everyone from beginners to expert kenpoists!
We are currently filming each belt level, so there’s more to come!