Rick Jeffcoat’s American Kenpo Karate
Detour from Doom-Green Belt with Ending
DETOUR FROM DOOM (Front right roundhouse kick)
- After having your right arm circle counter clockwise and as you execute your right downward hooking hammerfist to the back of the opponent’s neck, have the hooking hamm.erfist pull and drag his head into a left palm heel thrusting strike (palm facing up) to the left jaw as you switch into a right forward bow.
- Now have the left hand claw his face on the way back in as you step out to 8 o’clock with your left while executing a right inside downward elbow smash to opponent’s face or temple, ending in a left neutral bow stance (elbow is like a punch that slips by).
- Pivot clockwise and swing your right foot around to 5 o’clock into a left neutral bow stance as you deliver a right outward horizontal back knuckle strike followed by a left horizontal inward heel of palm claw to his head and face.
- Now deliver a right step through front snap ball kick to the opponent’s groin, and with your right hand cocked to the right hip (hanging down from the previous move) execute a right upward lifting stiff-arm back knuckle to his face (left hand is checking).
- Right front crossover and double cover out to 7 o’clock.
These complete Self-Defense Technique Videos explain and demonstrate individual techniques at each belt level. The techniques are explained using the concepts and principles of American Kenpo Karate and are also shown at speed to demonstrate the strength and the timing with which each technique should be practiced. These videos have something to offer everyone from beginners to expert kenpoists!
We are currently filming each belt level, so there’s more to come!