LEAP FROM DANGER (rear two hand push)
- Standing naturally and with the opponent pushing from the rear and forcing you to the ground, roll forward on your right shoulder towards 12 o’clock and immediately get up into a left neutral bow fighting stance facing 6 o’clock.
- As your opponent proceeds to attack you, step off with your left foot to 4 o’clock and deliver a right round house kick to the opponent’s solar plexus. Plant your right foot toward 5 o’clock.
- Deliver a spinning a left back kick to opponent’s right ribs (kicking toward 6 o’clock).
- After you straight left back kick to your opponent’s right ribs, plant your left foot down (gauging leg) toward your opponent and execute a right inward crescent kick to your opponent’s face.
- Plant your right foot down and drag in your left (gauging leg) immediately execute a right reverse hook kick to the back of your opponent’s right knee to buckle him.
- Immediately after the hook, kick bounce your right foot off the ground and into a right roundhouse kick to any available opening.
- Right front crossover and double coverout to 1:30.
ADULT KARATE CLASSES
Watch an Adult Karate Class!
Our adult and teen martial arts program has beginning and advanced levels, both aimed at learning America Kenpo Karate while having fun and getting fit! The beginning level for adult karate (ages 14 and up) builds agility, strength, and coordination, while cultivating the age-old martial arts principles of focus, discipline, and perseverance.
For White through Black Belts, Adult Karate Classes focus on self-defense strategies and karate fundamentals, all the while providing a great workout. Adult karate classes build basic karate skills such as stances, foot maneuvers, blocks, kicks, and strikes, in a fun and energizing environment! Adult karate classes help to develop and maintain fitness, speed, balance, strength and agility. Instructors individualize instruction to different belt levels so that students can work at their own pace.
The advanced adult kenpo karate program, emphasizes speed, recognition, control, power, and automaticity. Advanced level students learn variations of techniques that allow them to improvise and formulate effective self-defense martial arts strategies for real-life attacks!
Advanced Karate Adult Classes, for the accomplished martial artists of rank 3rd Brown Belt and above, focus on a rigorous and challenging curriculum with advanced level execution of techniques and katas. Adults in the advanced karate training class learn: to adapt the curriculum to real-life scenarios, as well as how to execute advanced combinations and sparring strategies.
Adult karate classes are offered in the evenings and during the day on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Monday and Friday night technique lines offer students the opportunity to practice material learned in class.
Top 5 Benefits of Adult Karate Classes
- Strength and Flexibility Training
- Eye-Hand-Body Coordination
- Self Defense
- Mind-Body Connection
- Camaraderie and Fun!
Watch a Testimonial
Fun karate classes for children ages 4-5. We focus on coordination, confidence, and gross motor development.
Kids karate classes focus on the principles of discipline, focus, and skill. Ages 6-13.
The adult & teen karate classes teach karate self defense and build strength & agility.
Private karate lessons are taught by certified martial arts instructors. Ages 4 – Adult.
The adaptive martial arts lessons differentiate kenpo karate classes for children and adults.
The kenpo karate internship offers the serious martial arts student a certification in kenpo teaching.