THE BACK BREAKER (flank step through right punch)
- Standing naturally, step with your right foot to 2 o’clock into a right neutral bow facing 1 o’clock, as you execute a double parry (left inward & right outward) to the outside of the opponent’s right arm.
- Step with your left foot to 2 o’clock into a left neutral bow facing 3 o’clock as your right hand grabs your opponent’s right shoulder and your left hand grab the back of their left shoulder.
- Step through in reverse with your right foot to 12 o’clock into a left neutral bow facing 6 o’clock as both of your arms pull your opponent’s shoulders back and down, disturbing their balance.
- Immediately deliver a right knee kick to the opponent’s lower spine.
- Plant your right foot back to 12 o’clock into a left neutral bow and with both hands pull and force your opponent onto your left knee, striking their upper spine.
- Twist the opponent’s head clockwise with a right outward claw breaking their neck and follow up with a right inward chop to their nose.
- With the opponent still in place, execute two right and left downward back knuckle strikes respectively to the right and left collarbones of the opponent.
- Execute double heel palm claws (left outward downward and right inward downward) to the opponent’s face as you step through in reverse with your left foot to 12 o’clock and pivot counter clockwise into a right reverse close kneel, forcing your opponent’s head to the ground.
- Deliver a right heel shovel kick to the opponent’s right jaw, followed up with a right back heel stomp to their right collarbone.
- After your right reverse heel stomp to the opponent’s right collar bone, drag and plant your right foot near and slightly to the right (for proper alignment) of your left foot, and execute a left reverse inward looping heel book to the opponent’s face and plant the same left foot back into a reverse heel stomp to the opponent’s left collar bone (during all of the above you are still facing toward 2:30).
- Pivot counter clockwise into a left neutral bow stance and immediately execute a right low front shoveling kick to the opponent’s left jaw, which follows through to allow you to drop down into a right front rotating twist stance, with your left knee dropping onto the ribs of your opponent (you are facing 10 o’clock at this point).
- Using the opponent’s body as a springboard from the above action, bounce up into the air and pivot around counter clockwise with your left foot landing where your right foot was (in place change back to front) and as you come down using marriage of gravity, execute a right looping downward roundhouse kick to the groin of your opponent (facing 2 o’clock).
- Leap up again and in place change turning clockwise in the air and as you land on your right foot, execute a left looping downward roundhouse kick to the right kneecap or right inner thigh of your opponent (facing 12 o’clock).
ADULT KARATE CLASSES
Watch an Adult Karate Class!
Our adult and teen martial arts program has beginning and advanced levels, both aimed at learning America Kenpo Karate while having fun and getting fit! The beginning level for adult karate (ages 14 and up) builds agility, strength, and coordination, while cultivating the age-old martial arts principles of focus, discipline, and perseverance.
For White through Black Belts, Adult Karate Classes focus on self-defense strategies and karate fundamentals, all the while providing a great workout. Adult karate classes build basic karate skills such as stances, foot maneuvers, blocks, kicks, and strikes, in a fun and energizing environment! Adult karate classes help to develop and maintain fitness, speed, balance, strength and agility. Instructors individualize instruction to different belt levels so that students can work at their own pace.
The advanced adult kenpo karate program, emphasizes speed, recognition, control, power, and automaticity. Advanced level students learn variations of techniques that allow them to improvise and formulate effective self-defense martial arts strategies for real-life attacks!
Advanced Karate Adult Classes, for the accomplished martial artists of rank 3rd Brown Belt and above, focus on a rigorous and challenging curriculum with advanced level execution of techniques and katas. Adults in the advanced karate training class learn: to adapt the curriculum to real-life scenarios, as well as how to execute advanced combinations and sparring strategies.
Adult karate classes are offered in the evenings and during the day on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Monday and Friday night technique lines offer students the opportunity to practice material learned in class.
Top 5 Benefits of Adult Karate Classes
- Strength and Flexibility Training
- Eye-Hand-Body Coordination
- Self Defense
- Mind-Body Connection
- Camaraderie and Fun!
Watch a Testimonial
Fun karate classes for children ages 4-5. We focus on coordination, confidence, and gross motor development.
Kids karate classes focus on the principles of discipline, focus, and skill. Ages 6-13.
The adult & teen karate classes teach karate self defense and build strength & agility.
Private karate lessons are taught by certified martial arts instructors. Ages 4 – Adult.
The adaptive martial arts lessons differentiate kenpo karate classes for children and adults.
The kenpo karate internship offers the serious martial arts student a certification in kenpo teaching.