RETREATING PENDULUM (front right thrusting heel kick)
- While in a right neutral bow, drop back with your right foot into a left front twist stance. simultaneously deliver a right outside downward block to opponent’s kicking leg and check with your left hand by your right shoulder.
- Immediately deliver a right knife·edge kick to opponent’s left leg, to inner knee.
- Plant your right foot forward toward 12 o’clock and have your left hand check high dose to your armpit.
- As your block circles counter clockwise and without losing any momentum follow·up with a right overhead downward hammerfist to opponent’s neck as you plant your right foot toward 12 o’clock.
- Pivot to your left into a right reverse bow and deliver a right rear scoop kick to opponent’s groin, your right leg between your opponent’s leg at this point. You may have to drag your left foot toward your right foot to assure proper distance for your rear scoop kick.
- After your right rear heel scoop kick to groin and your right reverse bow to buckle his right back of knee, and from your right reverse bow stance, pivot clockwise and drop into a right close kneel as you execute a left palm claw grab to grab and squeeze opponent’s testicles from the rear and from in between his legs (your left hand is checking across his body to his left hip or shoulder depending on where he is).
- At this you start to rise up by first executing a right back knuckle to the opponent’s right kidney, as you stand on up execute a left heel of palm claw to the left side of your opponent’s face, as you switch your stance to a right forward.
- Now switch your forward bow stance to a right neutral bow stance as you execute a right inward handsword strike to the right side of his neck.
- Pull your right foot back into a right cat stance and execute a right roundhouse kick to the right slide of his face.
- From the kick right front crossover and double coverout toward 7:30
ADULT KARATE CLASSES
Watch an Adult Karate Class!
Our adult and teen martial arts program has beginning and advanced levels, both aimed at learning America Kenpo Karate while having fun and getting fit! The beginning level for adult karate (ages 14 and up) builds agility, strength, and coordination, while cultivating the age-old martial arts principles of focus, discipline, and perseverance.
For White through Black Belts, Adult Karate Classes focus on self-defense strategies and karate fundamentals, all the while providing a great workout. Adult karate classes build basic karate skills such as stances, foot maneuvers, blocks, kicks, and strikes, in a fun and energizing environment! Adult karate classes help to develop and maintain fitness, speed, balance, strength and agility. Instructors individualize instruction to different belt levels so that students can work at their own pace.
The advanced adult kenpo karate program, emphasizes speed, recognition, control, power, and automaticity. Advanced level students learn variations of techniques that allow them to improvise and formulate effective self-defense martial arts strategies for real-life attacks!
Advanced Karate Adult Classes, for the accomplished martial artists of rank 3rd Brown Belt and above, focus on a rigorous and challenging curriculum with advanced level execution of techniques and katas. Adults in the advanced karate training class learn: to adapt the curriculum to real-life scenarios, as well as how to execute advanced combinations and sparring strategies.
Adult karate classes are offered in the evenings and during the day on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Monday and Friday night technique lines offer students the opportunity to practice material learned in class.
Top 5 Benefits of Adult Karate Classes
- Strength and Flexibility Training
- Eye-Hand-Body Coordination
- Self Defense
- Mind-Body Connection
- Camaraderie and Fun!
Watch a Testimonial
Fun karate classes for children ages 4-5. We focus on coordination, confidence, and gross motor development.
Kids karate classes focus on the principles of discipline, focus, and skill. Ages 6-13.
The adult & teen karate classes teach karate self defense and build strength & agility.
Private karate lessons are taught by certified martial arts instructors. Ages 4 – Adult.
The adaptive martial arts lessons differentiate kenpo karate classes for children and adults.
The kenpo karate internship offers the serious martial arts student a certification in kenpo teaching.