SHIELD AND MACE (right front step through punch)
- With feet together, move forward and to your left with your left foot to 11 o’clock in to a left neutral bow as you immediately pivot to your right into a horse and deliver a right vertical outward block outside of opponent’s right arm while simultaneously delivering a left straight punch to opponent’s right ribcage.
- Pivot to your left and drop down into a left close kneel as you strike down with a right hammerfist, with your left band guarding, to upper part of opponent’s right kidney driving the force down to the pelvic area.
- Circle your left hand clockwise, pinning opponent’s right arm down as your right band circles counter clockwise striking opponent’s face and eyes with a right looping heel palm claw.
- Circle your right hand counter clockwise and down even further, and strike back of opponent’s right knee with your right heel palm to buckle his leg. Have your left hand execute an overlapping check to same spot.
- Follow·up with a right knife·edge kick to back of opponent’s left knee.
- After your right outward handsword strike to opponent’s right knee, leave it against his knee as you execute a right knife·edge kick to the back of the opponent’s left knee.
- As your kick plants down to 2 o’clock, your right chopping hand continues through and comes back over counter clockwise into a right heel palm claw to his jaw and face.
- At this point he is falling toward you, you switch your right hand to grab to his chin and pull him in and down to a left knee kick up to the back of his neck. ·
- Plant your left foot straight down and shift your right foot back around counter clockwise to 9 o’clock into a left neutral bow stance, as your left hand is pushing the back of his head your right hand grab jerks his chin to snap the neck.
- Use your right hand to check his right arm or to cover your groin. Step back left (gauging leg) and execute a low right snap ball kick to opponent’s head.
- Right front crossover double coverout to 10:30.
ADULT KARATE CLASSES
Watch an Adult Karate Class!
Our adult and teen martial arts program has beginning and advanced levels, both aimed at learning America Kenpo Karate while having fun and getting fit! The beginning level for adult karate (ages 14 and up) builds agility, strength, and coordination, while cultivating the age-old martial arts principles of focus, discipline, and perseverance.
For White through Black Belts, Adult Karate Classes focus on self-defense strategies and karate fundamentals, all the while providing a great workout. Adult karate classes build basic karate skills such as stances, foot maneuvers, blocks, kicks, and strikes, in a fun and energizing environment! Adult karate classes help to develop and maintain fitness, speed, balance, strength and agility. Instructors individualize instruction to different belt levels so that students can work at their own pace.
The advanced adult kenpo karate program, emphasizes speed, recognition, control, power, and automaticity. Advanced level students learn variations of techniques that allow them to improvise and formulate effective self-defense martial arts strategies for real-life attacks!
Advanced Karate Adult Classes, for the accomplished martial artists of rank 3rd Brown Belt and above, focus on a rigorous and challenging curriculum with advanced level execution of techniques and katas. Adults in the advanced karate training class learn: to adapt the curriculum to real-life scenarios, as well as how to execute advanced combinations and sparring strategies.
Adult karate classes are offered in the evenings and during the day on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Monday and Friday night technique lines offer students the opportunity to practice material learned in class.
The advanced karate training class for adults is offered on Wednesday evening.
Top 5 Benefits of Adult Karate Classes
- Strength and Flexibility Training
- Eye-Hand-Body Coordination
- Self Defense
- Mind-Body Connection
- Camaraderie and Fun!
Watch a Testimonial
Fun karate classes for children ages 4-5. We focus on coordination, confidence, and gross motor development.
Kids karate classes focus on the principles of discipline, focus, and skill. Ages 6-13.
The adult & teen karate classes teach karate self defense and build strength & agility.
Private karate lessons are taught by certified martial arts instructors. Ages 4 – Adult.
The adaptive martial arts lessons differentiate kenpo karate classes for children and adults.
The kenpo karate internship offers the serious martial arts student a certification in kenpo teaching.