Rick Jeffcoat’s American Kenpo Karate
Self Defense Technique Tip
PROTECTING FANS (Front left and right punch with the opponent’s left leg forward –the same sequence may be used for a right and left punch)
- While standing naturally move your left foot to 10 o’clock (into a left neutral bow) as you deliver a left inward horizontal parry inside of the opponent’s left punch.
- As the opponent delivers a right punch, pivot (in place) into a left forward bow toward 10 o’clock as you deliver a right extended outward chopping block toward 2 o’clock (hand open) to the outside of the opponent’s right punch (with your left hand cocking to your left hip).
- Immediately (pivot your body to the right at the waist only) deliver a left horizontal finger poke to the opponent’s eyes with a right ball kick to the opponent’s groin toward 2 o’clock as your right hand grabs and pulls down on opponent’s right wrist (pull opponent’s arm down and past your right hip).
- Plant your right foot (which just kicked) to inside of the opponent’s right thigh as your left hand checks the opponent’s right arm downward and as your right inward horizontal elbow strikes to the opponent’s sternum or left ribcage or head depending upon circumstances.
- With your left hand still checking, execute a right front scoop kick to the opponent’s groin followed by a right two-finger hook to the opponent’s eyes (hooking from your right to left) as you move back in addition to thrusting a left heel jab to the opponent’s sternum in the process.
- Left front crossover (after landing in a left neutral bow) and cover out twice toward 5 o’clock.
These complete Self-Defense Technique Videos explain and demonstrate individual techniques at each belt level. The techniques are explained using the concepts and principles of American Kenpo Karate and are also shown at speed to demonstrate the strength and the timing with which each technique should be practiced. These videos have something to offer everyone from beginners to expert kenpoists!
We are currently filming each belt level, so there’s more to come!
Yellow Belt Technique Videos
Orange Belt Technique Videos
Purple Belt Technique Videos