SWINGING PENDULUM (front right roundhouse kick)
- Standing in a right neutral bow, as your opponent attacks with a right roundhouse kick, move your left foot up the circle to 4 o’clock and strike with a right inward, left downward (universal block) to opponent’s kick. You should be in a right neutral bow.
- Shuffle forward to 11 o’clock and execute a right hammerfist to opponent’s groin. Reverse the motion of your left hand as it raises and becomes a positional check.
- Move your left foot up the circle to 3 o’clock, into a solid horse stance. and execute a right obscure elbow to opponent’s jaw. Your elbow will contour opponent’s body as it strikes.
- After your right upward obscure vertical elbow strike to the opponent’s jaw, step back to a right reverse bow stance to 12 o’clock, to buckle opponent’s left leg, simultaneously deliver a right upward snapping forearm strike to the opponent’s jaw with the left hand checking.
- Immediately execute a right rear heel scoop to the opponent’s groin, and an in-place stance change, (right foot up, left foot back), landing in a left reverse bow to buckle the opponent’s right leg.
- Pivot into a left neutral bow stance as you deliver a left outward handsword strike to the opponent’s sternum and without hesitation pivot into a left forward bow stance as you deliver a right palm thrust (as in Glancing Salute) to opponent’s left side of the jaw.
- As your right palm heel snakes around opponent’s right side of his neck pull him down into a right roundhouse knee kick to his sternum.
- While still maintaining your right grab plant back into a left neutral bow, execute a left upward snapping forearm strike to opponent’s jaw and right outward claw to the opponent’s face, immediately followed by a right inward heel palm claw to the face and a right inward two-finger hook to the opponent’s eyes
- Left front crossover to 4:30 with a left outward handsword strike to opponent’s neck.
- Double coverout to 4:30.
Fun karate classes for children ages 4-5. We focus on coordination, confidence, and gross motor development. Little Dragons learn techniques to keep safe while developing the basics of martial arts!
The adult & teen martial arts classes teach self defense and build strength & agility. Adult classes provide opportuniteis for camaradie and fun while developing martial arts skills and honing principles!
Private lessons are taught by certified martial arts instructors. Ages 4 – Adult. Private lessons allow students of all ages to accelerate their learning while developing principles and concepts.
The kenpo karate internship offers the serious martial arts student a certification in kenpo teaching. Internships offer students the skills needed to open up their own martial arts studio!
Karate – Martial Arts – Self Defense
Yours For Life!®
American Kenpo Karate students are everyday people like you! Train yourself to be safe and protect yourself while getting fit and having fun! Our goal is to give our students the Self Defense tools to defend themselves and their families, while building a fit and healthy community! Whether it’s to become a Kenpo Karate Black Belt, to protect yourself, or simply to get in shape, what you will learn is yours for life! With over a dozen instructors, our Little Dragons preschool karate classes and Kids Karate classes focus on discipline, respect, and confidence, while teaching self-defense strategies they will have for life. Each class has between 2-3 instructors who are personally trained and certified martial arts instructors by Master Rick Jeffcoat through the Internship program.
Top 10 Benefits of Martial Arts!
- Discipline and Focus
- “Don’t Quit” and “Stick with it” Attitude
- Rock Solid Self-Confidence and Self-Image
- Fit, Strong & Healthy Body
- Goal-Setting and Follow Through
- Belonging and Camaraderie
- Healthy Competition
- Mental Toughness
- Fun and Stress Relief
Don’t let another day go by without karate in your life! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain! Get fit and get fierce!Try out our kenpo karate classes for a supreme and empowering experience!
TRY AN INTRODUCTORY KENPO KARATE COURSE!!
Our Pasadena, California studio offers you the opportunity to try out our children’s and adult programs for one month or two weeks! Each introductory program includes a karate uniform. Sign up to try one of our programs today!!!