Besides getting to meet great friends and having loads of fun, taking Karate Classes offer so many benefits!
- Skill and Strategy–American Kenpo Karate Classes offer students the ability to learn self-defense techniques that develop skill and strategy, rather than relying on size or strength. No matter what your height, weight, and body type, you can learn to defend yourself.
- Physical Fitness–Don’t wait until you “get in shape” to join the fun! Martial arts training will help you develop the physical attributes of agility, flexibility, strength, balance and cardiovascular health. All students are encouraged to tailor their own physical activity to their own comfort level.
- Stress Relief— what is a better than punching and kicking a bag? Our daily lives ask us to hold it all in, but you can let it all out during bag workouts!
- Mind-Body Connection–Added benefits to martial art training include developing focus, meditation, and a mind-body connection.
- Confidence—Almost immediately, you will notice that you will feel more confident and self-assured. Self-defense training grows your awareness and tenacity to take charge of your safety.
Don’t let another day go by without trying karate classes. Everything you learn will be yours for life.
And for all of you Karate Enthusiasts, Check out Master Rick Jeffcoat in the video below demonstrating Green Belt technique, “Escape from Death,” which is a defense against a rear choke.
ESCAPE FROM DEATH (rear right arm headlock)
- As the headlock is being applied, immediately turn your head to your left and tuck your chin against your left shoulder as your right hand grabs and pulls down on opponent’s right wrist (anchoring the right elbow). Simultaneously step with your right foot towards 3 o’clock into a horse stance and deliver a left back elbow to opponent’s solar plexus, followed up with a left hammerfist to groin.
- Circle your left leg around and behind the opponent’s right leg towards 8:00 landing in a right close kneel stance facing 2:00, as your right hammerfist strikes the groin and your left hammerfist strikes the left kidney.
- Circle your left hand over the shoulder and under the opponent’s nose. Force the opponent’s head back as you shift to a left forward bow and deliver a right thrusting heel palm strike to the opponent’s jaw with a right knee kick to outside of the right thigh.
- Replant your right foot; left front crossover and cover out twice toward 2 o’clock.