American Kenpo Karate offers karate classes to San Marino, Pasadena, and South Pasadena communities. In the video demonstration that follows, Master Rick Jeffcoat teaches a Method of Attack exploring the different options that involve Crossing Talon and Darting Mace, which are both single wrist grabs.
CROSSING TALON (Front Right Cross Wrist Grab)
- With opponent’s right hand grabbing your right wrist, counter grab his wrist as your left foot steps forward and right, to 1o’clock, into a left neutral bow simultaneously striking opponent’s right elbow with your left forearm in a forward thrusting motion as your right hand pulls in and towards your right hip.
- Force opponent’s right upper arm against your left upper thigh, pinning opponent in this position. If possible strike opponent’s head against your left knee while executing this move.
- Deliver a left side elbow strike to opponent’s right temple followed by a left heel palm and five finger rip to opponent’s face.
- As you rip out of the previous move, anchor your left elbow into opponent’s right shoulder to check his height zone. Circle your left arm clockwise and execute a left overhead elbow strike to the center of opponent’s back, on the spinal column.
- Follow up with a left heel palm strike to opponent’s mastoid as you pull his right arm with your right arm, pulling him into a right thrusting knee kick, creating a sandwich effect.
- Left front crossover in reverse as you cover into a left neutral bow.
DARTING MACE (Front Two Hand Wrist Grab)
- With feet together and opponent’s hands grabbing your right wrist, step forward toward 12 o’clock in front of opponent’s right leg into a left neutral bow.
- Counter grab opponent’s right wrist as you execute a left thrusting inward block that strikes opponent’s right elbow as you execute a right pulling check to opponent’s right arm. Convert this move into a left vertical thrust punch to opponent’s face.
- Drop your left arm down to check opponent’s arms as you pivot into a left forward bow and simultaneously pull your right arm from opponent’s grasp as you execute a right vertical thrust punch to opponent’s solar plexus.
- Move your right foot to your left foot into a close cat stance as you execute a left outward hand sword to opponent’s throat.
- With no loss of motion, step out with your right foot to 11 o’clock, to buckle opponent’s right knee as you execute a right thrusting heel palm strike to opponent’s jaw. Your left hand should be guarding.
- Cover out in the usual fashion.
Our classes offer Karate Classes to San Marino, Pasadena, and South Pasadena Communities. Our studio is attended by students all over Los Angeles and the San Gabriel Valley. If you want to learn from one of Kenpo’s most world renown practitioners, come to American Kenpo Karate, where you will receive the training of a lifetime.