Take advantage of this time when you are home and try a free online Zoom Kenpo Karate Lesson with Rick Jeffcoat, world renowned Kenpoist. Zooming online from the convenience of your own home allows you to try out martial arts without having to worry about travel time and having to arrange for someone else to cover your home responsibility. All you need is an internet-connected device and a space in your place to practice and learn!
If you are a beginner, you will learn about 2-3 techniques for each belt level. You can reach yellow belt level before you know it! For more advanced students, Mr. Jeffcoat will work with you to articulate and develop your goals.
In the Video below, you will see Rick Jeffcoat demonstrating advanced black belt techniques Taming the Mace and Back Breaker.
TAMING THE MACE (Front Step-Through Right Punch)
- Standing naturally, step with your left foot to 11o’clock into a left neutral bow, as your left-hand inward parries your opponent’s right punch outside and above the elbow.
- Simultaneously deliver a right inward chop to the inside of the opponent’s right bicep.
- Immediately, while your left-hand checks and grabs the opponent’s right hand at the wrist, deliver a right back knuckle to the opponent’s right temple.
- Have your right hand grab the opponent’s right shoulder as your left foot crosses behind to 5 o’clock into a right front twist stance facing 11 o’clock.
- With both of your hands grasping and pulling the opponent with arms in close to you and elbows anchored, pivot counter clockwise into a left neutral bow facing 6 o’clock and slam the opponent against the wall.
- While the opponent is against the wall, deliver a right knee kick to the groin with right inward horizontal elbow strike to the throat, causing a sandwiching effect with the wall.
- Replant your right foot back to 12 o’clock. Left front crossover and cover out twice toward 12 o’clock.
- After having slammed your opponent up against the wall,. and with your right knee strike to his groin, plant your right foot back to 1 o’clock as you execute a left palm thrust to opponent’s sternum, and slide your left hand up to his throat to pin him against the wall.
- Execute an in place stance shift by bringing your left foot toward you and as you step in with your right foot, execute a right heel palm strike to your opponent’s chin, have your right hand slip up and past his face, then rip down his face with a right five finger claw, which continues down and loops around into a right inward elbow strike to your opponent’s left ribs (your left hand acts as a check as you are doing all of this) as you switch from a right forward bow stance to a right neutral bow stance.
- Now execute a right back knuckle to his right side of face simultaneously with a left vertical punch to his solar plexus as you torque into a right forward bow stance.
- Now switch your right forward bow stance to a right neutral bow as you execute a right downward hammerfist to his groin as you simultaneously execute a left inward heel of palm claw to his right side of face.
- Now bring your left hand over to the left side of your opponent’s face as you shift your left foot over to 10 o’clock as you execute a right outward back knuckle strike to your opponent’s temple.
- Grab the back of the opponent’s head with your right and left hands as you drag your left foot to your right and execute a right upward knee strike to his face.
- Right front crossover and double coverout to 12 o’clock.
THE BACK BREAKER (Flank Step Through Right Punch)
- Standing naturally, step with your right foot to 2 o’clock into a right neutral bow facing 1 o’clock, as you execute a double parry (left inward & right outward) to the outside of the opponent’s right arm.
- Step with your left foot to 2 o’clock into a left neutral bow facing 3 o’clock as your right hand grabs your opponent’s right shoulder and your left hand grab the back of their left shoulder.
- Step through in reverse with your right foot to 12 o’clock into a left neutral bow facing 6 o’clock as both of your arms pull your opponent’s shoulders back and down, disturbing their balance.
- Immediately deliver a right knee kick to the opponent’s lower spine.
- Plant your right foot back to 12 o’clock into a left neutral bow and with both hands pull and force your opponent onto your left knee, striking their upper spine.
- Twist the opponent’s head clockwise with a right outward claw breaking their neck and follow up with a right inward chop to their nose.
- With the opponent still in place, execute two right and left downward back knuckle strikes respectively to the right and left collarbones of the opponent.
- Execute double heel palm claws (left outward downward and right inward downward) to the opponent’s face as you step through in reverse with your left foot to 12 o’clock and pivot counter clockwise into a right reverse close kneel, forcing your opponent’s head to the ground.
- Deliver a right heel shovel kick to the opponent’s right jaw, followed up with a right back heel stomp to their right collarbone.
- After your right reverse heel stomp to the opponent’s right collar bone, drag and plant your right foot near and slightly to the right (for proper alignment) of your left foot, and execute a left reverse inward looping heel book to the opponent’s face and plant the same left foot back into a reverse heel stomp to the opponent’s left collar bone (during all of the above you are still facing toward 2:30).
- Pivot counter clockwise into a left neutral bow stance and immediately execute a right low front shoveling kick to the opponent’s left jaw, which follows through to allow you to drop down into a right front rotating twist stance, with your left knee dropping onto the ribs of your opponent (you are facing 10 o’clock at this point).
- Using the opponent’s body as a springboard from the above action, bounce up into the air and pivot around counter clockwise with your left foot landing where your right foot was (in place change back to front) and as you come down using marriage of gravity, execute a right looping downward roundhouse kick to the groin of your opponent (facing 2 o’clock).
- Leap up again and in place change turning clockwise in the air and as you land on your right foot, execute a left looping downward roundhouse kick to the right kneecap or right inner thigh of your opponent (facing 12 o’clock).
So whether you are 6 or 60, you are welcome to join a free online Zoom Kenpo Karate Lesson.