BRUSHING THE STORM (right flank right overhead club)
- Standing naturally with the opponent attacking from 3 o’clock, step with your right foot to 2 o’clock into a right neural bow facing 2 o’clock. Simultaneously deliver a left inward parry to the outside of opponent’s right arm at/or above the elbow while executing a right thrusting heel palm striking to opponent’s jaw, striking from under and inside of opponent’s right arm.
- Step with your left foot to 3 o’clock into a left close kneel stance, facing 3 o’clock as you strike to opponent’s solar plexus/ribs with your right vertical downward elbow (striking vertically and down) and continue checking opponent’s right arm with your left hand.
- Pivot clockwise into a left neutral bow facing 4 o’clock as you strike to the groin with a right heel palm continuing to apply your left hand check to opponent’s shoulder blade.
- From the heel palm, hook your right arm around your opponent’s knee or lower leg. As you step back with your right foot toward 10 o’clock into a left neutral bow, pull the opponent’s leg to your right hip and simultaneously push the left shoulder blade with your left hand.
- While holding opponent’s right leg with your right hand, deliver a left ball kick to opponent’s groin.
- Plant your left foot towards 4 o’clock into a left front twist stance. From the twist stance, and with your guard up, execute a right knife-edge kick to back of opponent’s left knee buckling him to the ground.
- After your right knife·edge kick to back of opponent’s left knee thus buckling him to the ground, and as you plant down with your right foot execute a right inward elbow strike to his right kidney, as you stoop down and grab his left ankle with your left hand, (the elbow strike should force your opponent forward at this point). Now with your left hand around the left side of his left ankle place your right hand in the bend of his left knee and pull up to stretch him out, then without hesitation, slide your right hand down to the top of his foot and grab near the toes, so that you can now pull up with your right (which is crossed over your left) and push down with your left.
- Continue this push·pull action as you sweep your left foot back to 2 o’clock in order to roll him over onto his back (he is facing up with his head pointing toward 9 o’clock, with his toes up and legs spread apart).
- Immediately execute a left stomp to his right knee (and if his legs are spread very wide, plant down on the inside of his knee) (if not then on the outside), follow up the stomp with a right slicing kick to the groin, (if kicking from the outside then the slicing kick slices up the leg (to act as a check).
- Plant your right foot off to the left side of his body (near his right side, and continue your counter clockwise spin into a left rear stomp kick to the opponent’s stomach.
- From your left heel stomp plant your left foot off toward 6 o’clock into a right front twist stance, then unpivot counter clockwise into a right downward looping roundhouse kick to the opponent’s face.
- From right kick, right front crossover and double coverout toward 5 o’clock.
ADULT KARATE CLASSES
Watch an Adult Karate Class!
Our adult and teen martial arts program has beginning and advanced levels, both aimed at learning America Kenpo Karate while having fun and getting fit! The beginning level for adult karate (ages 14 and up) builds agility, strength, and coordination, while cultivating the age-old martial arts principles of focus, discipline, and perseverance.
For White through Black Belts, Adult Karate Classes focus on self-defense strategies and karate fundamentals, all the while providing a great workout. Adult karate classes build basic karate skills such as stances, foot maneuvers, blocks, kicks, and strikes, in a fun and energizing environment! Adult karate classes help to develop and maintain fitness, speed, balance, strength and agility. Instructors individualize instruction to different belt levels so that students can work at their own pace.
The advanced adult kenpo karate program, emphasizes speed, recognition, control, power, and automaticity. Advanced level students learn variations of techniques that allow them to improvise and formulate effective self-defense martial arts strategies for real-life attacks!
Advanced Karate Adult Classes, for the accomplished martial artists of rank 3rd Brown Belt and above, focus on a rigorous and challenging curriculum with advanced level execution of techniques and katas. Adults in the advanced karate training class learn: to adapt the curriculum to real-life scenarios, as well as how to execute advanced combinations and sparring strategies.
Adult karate classes are offered in the evenings and during the day on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Monday and Friday night technique lines offer students the opportunity to practice material learned in class.
Top 5 Benefits of Adult Karate Classes
Strength and Flexibility Training
Camaraderie and Fun!