3rd Degree Brown Belt Techniques
THRUST INTO DARKNESS (Right punch directly from the rear)
- With feet together, step forward with your right foot toward 2 o’clock into a left reverse close cat stance (as opponent attacks from the rear with a right punch) to give you distance, and immediately deliver a left back kick toward 7 o’clock to opponent’s stomach thus causing him to bend forward.
- With your left foot still in the air, plant your left foot to 4 o’clock (assuming both you and opponent are presently facing 12 o’clock) into a wide left rear twist stance and immediately pivot counter clockwise (ending in a left neutral bow facing opponent at 6 o’clock) and without hesitation deliver a right front snap ball kick toward 7 o’clock to opponent’s jaw or sternum (opponent should be bending forward at this point toward 12 o’clock).
- Plant your right foot forward into a right neutral bow toward 7 o’clock and assuming that the kick forced your opponent back, do a left front crossover toward 7 o’clock and a right side kick to inside of opponent’s left knee.
- Plant your right foot forward (right forward bow) toward 7 o’clock and simultaneously deliver a right back knuckle thrust to opponent’s right temple and a left vertical thrust punch to opponent’s right ribs.
- Right front crossover and cover toward 2 o’clock.
- Left rear crossover and return with a right back kick to opponent’s head toward 7 o’clock.
- Right front crossover and cover out twice toward 2 o’clock.
CIRCLING FANS (Front straight left and right punch)
- With feet together, step back into a right neutral bow to 6 o’clock and execute a double circular parry (with both done slightly diagonally and inwardly) commencing with your right hand first to the top and side of opponent’s left punch and then your left hand to the top and side of opponent’s right punch while sliding your right foot back into a right 45o cat stance and cocking your right hand to the center of your chest while keeping your left hand high in guard position.
- Deliver a right front snap kick to opponent’s groin toward 12 o’clock.
- As you plant your right foot toward (into a right neutral bow) deliver a right thrusting vertical back knuckle to opponent’s forehead (right between the eyes).
- Left front (twist stance) crossover as your right horizontal downward forearm checks opponent’s arms and as you deliver a left vertical punch to opponent’s sternum.
- From a left front twist stance, deliver a right upward knee kick to opponent’s groin (right arm still checking, left fist still in punching position).
- As your right foot plants to 11 o’clock (buckling opponent’s right knee from the inside) deliver a right upward lifting forearm punch under opponent’s chin (left hand should now be checking opponent’s arm).
- Right front crossover and cover out toward 5 o’clock.
- Left rear crossover and right back kick to any available opening.
- Right front crossover and cover out twice toward 5 o’clock.
ROTATING DESTRUCTION (Right front snap kick and left spinning back kick combination)
- While in a right neutral bow (with your left hand cocked high near your sternum and your right hand hanging low near your right leg) and as your opponent delivers a right front snap kick, execute a right inside downward block palm down (shuffling back if you have to) and continue to loop the right arm downward and outward into an extended outward block thus forcing your opponent clockwise and over so that his back faces toward you.
- As opponent does a left spinning back kick (toward 6 o’clock) strike down to opponent’s right leg with a right chopping downward diagonal block as your right foot drops back into a right rear twist stance.
- Pivot clockwise and deliver a left roundhouse kick to opponent’s groin.
- Plant your left foot (adjusting it accordingly) and deliver a right spinning hooking heel kick to opponent’s solar plexus or head.
- Right front crossover and cover out toward 6 o’clock without first planting the right foot.
- Return with a right hopping side kick to left knee of opponent or any available opening (kicking toward 12 o’clock).
- Right front crossover and cover out twice toward 6 o’clock.
ADULT KARATE CLASSES
Watch an Adult Karate Class!
Our adult and teen martial arts program has beginning and advanced levels, both aimed at learning America Kenpo Karate while having fun and getting fit! The beginning level for adult karate (ages 14 and up) builds agility, strength, and coordination, while cultivating the age-old martial arts principles of focus, discipline, and perseverance.
For White through Black Belts, Adult Karate Classes focus on self-defense strategies and karate fundamentals, all the while providing a great workout. Adult karate classes build basic karate skills such as stances, foot maneuvers, blocks, kicks, and strikes, in a fun and energizing environment! Adult karate classes help to develop and maintain fitness, speed, balance, strength and agility. Instructors individualize instruction to different belt levels so that students can work at their own pace.
The advanced adult kenpo karate program, emphasizes speed, recognition, control, power, and automaticity. Advanced level students learn variations of techniques that allow them to improvise and formulate effective self-defense martial arts strategies for real-life attacks!
Advanced Karate Adult Classes, for the accomplished martial artists of rank 3rd Brown Belt and above, focus on a rigorous and challenging curriculum with advanced level execution of techniques and katas. Adults in the advanced karate training class learn: to adapt the curriculum to real-life scenarios, as well as how to execute advanced combinations and sparring strategies.
Adult karate classes are offered in the evenings and during the day on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Monday and Friday night technique lines offer students the opportunity to practice material learned in class.
Top 5 Benefits of Adult Karate Classes
Strength and Flexibility Training
Camaraderie and Fun!